K-Line Construction Ltd. is a leader in the construction and splicing of telecommunications infrastructure in Atlantic Canada. We are currently seeking Fibre Optic Splicers to join our team in both New Brunswick and Nova Scotia in a permanent full-time position.
- Preparing and fusion splicing of single and ribbon fibres (indoor and outdoor settings)
- Testing and troubleshooting fibre using an OTDR, optical power meter, fibre identifier and scoping
- Analyze test results and have the ability to correct any faults or defects
- Read and interpret work plans or job specifications to execute all work assigned
- Aerial splicing/testing of terminals out of a bucket truck and off ladder with sling.
- Daily updating, project documentation and safety documentation.
- Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment
- On call rotation responding and restoring services for emergency calls, responsible for being on the job at short notice to repair damaged cables until service is restored.
- Relatable telecommunications or electrical construction experience
- Experience in splicing FTTX/ FTTH builds would be an asset
- Telecom I & R experience would be an asset
- Ability to operate and interpret electronic testing tools and equipment used.
- Ability to drill, tap and mount hardware.
- Be able to use various fibre optic hand tools
- Able to carry, raise and lift heavy equipment such as ladders, manhole covers and other work-related objects (approx. 70 lbs).
- Able to work at heights both off a ladder (28 and 32 foot) and a bucket truck.
- Able to work in confined spaces such as manholes.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Able to work alone, self manage daily activities and prioritize tasks to ensure customer due dates are met
- Valid drivers license and can provide an abstract. Air brakes is an asset.
- Clean Criminal Record check.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus
- Willingness to travel throughout NS, NB and PEI as needed.
- Knowledge and experience with safe work practices.
- Strong communication skills are essential as is a cooperative attitude toward coworkers and third-party vendors
- Able to comply with company policies and procedures.
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Per Diems and Lodging when travelling
- Comprehensive Group Health Plan that includes medical, dental, vision care
- Company matching Pension Plan