K-Line Construction Ltd. is a leader in the construction and splicing of telecommunications infrastructure in Atlantic Canada. We are currently seeking experienced Fibre Optic Splicers to join our team in both New Brunswick and Nova Scotia in a permanent full-time position.
- Fusion splicing, testing and troubleshooting of transport/backbone links, Fibre to the Home builds and customer site panels.
- Aerial splicing/testing of terminals out of a bucket truck and off ladder with sling.
- Daily updating, project documentation and safety documentation.
- Able to read design plans, drawings and documentation.
Knowledge and Experience
- ALL REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE PROVIDED THROUGH OUR TRAINING TEAM
- Able to carry, raise and lift heavy equipment such as ladders, manhole covers and other work-related objects (approx. 70 lbs).
- Able to work at heights both off a ladder (28 and 32 foot) and a bucket truck.
- Able to work in confined spaces such as manholes.
- Able to work with others in a team environment.
- Able to work alone, self manage daily activities and prioritize tasks.
- Valid drivers license and can provide an abstract. Air brakes is an asset.
- Clean Criminal Record check.
- Technical training and other Telecom related experience is an asset.
- Willingness to travel throughout NS, NB and PEI as needed.
- Knowledge and experience with safe work practices.
- Able to comply with company policies and procedures.
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Per Diems and Lodging when travelling
- Comprehensive Group Health Plan that includes medical, dental, vision care
- Company matching Pension Plan